1. FAMILIES!!!!! 🙂 Think about it, seriously! Best thing ever 🙂
2. They really need thick tights! The girls and boys both wear them all the time, and they look pretty tattered. Not the thin American type, but thick, wooly kind. I don’t even know where to find those, especially this time of year, so if you do, that’s amazing!!
3. Tennis shoes!! This is serious need! We don’t have a whole lot of room in our suitcase, so it would be best to buy one or two really nice pair that will last and last, than a bunch of cheaper ones. Poor babes walk around in old uncomfortable dress shoes, or even sandals with socks. 🙁
4. Underwear and socks.
5. Sweaters and jackets.
6. Any sort of education enrichment. If you can find picture books in Russian, that would be HUGE! They had a whole set up newish colored pencils with no tips because they didn’t have a pencil sharpeners, so Andrew and I are bringing an electric one. Any sort of drawing, or art, or crayons or anything. Even though these kids are “older” they just thrive off of little kid stuff, they LOVE it.
7. Hygiene items, especially for teeth. We saw a lot of cavities in poor little mouths. No mamas to make sure they’re brushing 🙁
8. Fun outdoor toys like jump ropes! All the kids love jump roping. (I wish ten year olds out here liked stuff like that, you know?)
9. And anything else you think might be GREAT! Our facilitators had never visited this orphanage before, people don’t usually adopt from here (missing out!), so their supplies are low.
**We could also bring a cash donation and buy supplies while out there too if we run out of room, or if you don’t want to shop for stuff! If you give money, I will take a picture of everything your donation bought and send it to you!! You can also tell me what kind of things you’d want me to buy in your name!
Donations can be sent here:
PO Box 731
Vista CA 92085
We won’t go back for a least 2 months (but we’re praying less!!!! Join us) so you got a little time.