≡ Menu

Garage SALE

Who would ever think waking up at 5am on a Saturday morning would be fun, right?  I know.  I had the same thought at 5:01am.  Andrew had already left early to pick up Joe and they were off buying VG’s doughnuts and a ‘Joe to Go.’

I fed Finley, bundled him up, and headed out the door to a very dark, absolutely silent cold morning, only the light of the red lunar eclipse glowing.  Our Pilot was so packed full of garage sale donations from sweet friends, I couldn’t even see a centimeter from  my back windshield.  Our car silently pulled onto the vacant freeway, dim store signs passing us on either side, stars in the sky as Finley quick sang, “da-doh,”  “da-doh.”

When we pulled up at the Hudson’s, I put Finley’s hat and gloves on in the carrier, as Joe, Chris and Jared unloaded the piles of donation.  We warmed up with coffee, and caught up on each other’s lives since we hadn’t been meeting for small group the passed 2 weeks.

We got some self timer photos.  We didn’t know that it was set to take more than one, or where the photo would capture. 

The Sun came out after the first few hours.

Once morning nap time came around, And Finley couldn’t have his beloved crib, it was time to pull out an old favorite–The Moby wrap.  Upon first reintroduction, Finley was NOT happy.  So he and I took a little walk to bounce and rock a tired and crying boy to sleep.  It didn’t take long.

 The traffic to the sale was actually pretty slow.  But once customer was kind enough to take a real group shot of us.  Thanks buddy!

 Towards the end of the sale, we started looking over some of the left overs.

  And picked up a few things for our upcoming white elephant party.

Finley officially loves garage sales.  Especially if there are dogs to pet, food to mooch, big objects to crawl over, and people from our small group to play with.  He was a happy camper, he didn’t even know it was a service project.  (And yes, we found these sunglasses face down in the street, and he is obsessed with them)

And obsessed with dogs.

And food.  (disclaimer, he is not eating chips.)

Thank you Heather for lunch!  And thank you Hudson’s for hosting at your gorgeous house!

At the end of the day, we had a really good time.  It was so fun to hang out.  Some people in our community got some items and clothes for very cheap, our group got closer, and a sweet angel on Reece’s Rainbow is getting some much needed funds.  All the left overs we donated to Solutions for Change homeless shelter for families, and our homes are decluttered.

5:00am, early but worth it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments on this entry are closed.

  • Lou December 11, 2011, 11:13 pm

    Looks like you all had a fabulous time and did something very worthwhile in the process.

    are those amber beads I spy round Finley’s neck – they are so wonderful for teething – I wish I had known about them when my 3 were tiny!

    Lou 🙂

  • The Tiny Team December 12, 2011, 2:53 am

    Yes!! It is and we LOVE IT!!

  • Syndal December 16, 2011, 3:10 pm

    oh my goodness..he looks so adorable in those sunglasses!