Look at this cute little mister.
He is eleven years old.
He is HIV positive. By no choice of his own, he was infected by his birth mother, and left to live a life as an orphan.
Jack is sadly aware of his status as an orphan, and he is heartbreakingly aware as he speaks about it. Honestly, I can not even imagine being in his shoes when I was 11 years old. I was blissfully unaware and ungrateful for the love and security I received from my parents.
Recently, he asked a visitor “do you know anyone who would like to take a boy like me. I would really like for a visitor at least, because I am all alone and I have no one.”
Have you ever felt all alone. Maybe for a short while before you snap out of it. This boy is truly alone. And he knows it. And he grieves about it.
When a family came to adopt a younger child, he wondered why no one has come for him.
He asked “what do I need to do for a Mom to come? Do you know where she is? Is she looking for me?”
That makes me so sad. Is she looking for him? In his heart he is looking for mama, and I’m sure if he could he would run out of that place searching for her. Is anyone wanting or searching for him?
My heart breaks for the orphan. For the babies left alone in their cribs, finding no response to their cries, no smiles or claps for their accomplishments. But my heart is truly sad for these older kids. Statistically their lives don’t fare well once they leave the orphanage. Especially if they have HIV. In America, they could live long, and happy lives. In their birth countries, few are lucky to live past their teens due to suicide or other reasons.
Please share this little boy. You could be the link to his mama finding him.
Read more sweet things about this wonderful boy here.
More Jack Facts:
- He says he would love to find a family with a brother or sister of a similar age so they can play together.
- He is not an aggressive boy.
- He is very cute, smart and charming.
- He is communicative and sociable.
- The director of his baby house spoke enthusiastically about him. The director of his current orphanage writes very warmly about him.
- He is responsible, obediant and kind
- He can express his emotions quite eloquently
- He is sweet to the younger children in his orphanage. He even shares his toys with them!
- He listens to his teachers, and he always behaves appropriately
Let’s share. Let’s copy, paste, link, shout it out about this boy. Seriously, there’s nothing better you have to do in the next 45 seconds so don’t even click away before you do….
That’s why God made control/shift/C, so do it!